Career Coaching for Lawyers
Identify inspiring career goals
Design a personalized path to success
Build and enhance strategic relationships
Reserve time for fun
Keep your clients happy AND get home on time
Modern lawyers are often so exhausted and overwhelmed that they don’t take the time to focus on what is next. I support lawyers to think through their career options and make specific plans for how to achieve their goals.
I work with:
- Attorneys considering alternative career options;
- Lawyers contemplating changing specialties;
- Attorneys considering leaving a large firm for a solo or small practice;
- Lawyers who enjoy their work but want a better work-life balance;
- In-house counsel looking to become a general counsel or CEO;
- Government attorneys looking to change agencies or specialties;
- Working parents who want time for child rearing while concurrently laying the groundwork for future career opportunities;
- People who are trying to figure out what they want.
Coaching and strategy sessions may include:
- Create inspiring goals and determine
- Decide the best way to pursue those goals;
- Look at how best to be happy AND pursue the goals.
- Identifying strengths
- Exploring values, preferences
- Negotiating office politics
- Being true to one’s values and priorities in the face of work pressures and internal and external politics
Seven Ways a Personal Brand Can Help Your Career
Heard of personal branding but not sure why you should bother? This article explain how branding yourself can help you move your career from good to great.
Tips for Finding a Mentor, Plus the Elephant
Mentors help you to succeed faster, but like many people you may not know where to start. Here are some tips, plus advice specifically for women.
Are you Swimming Upstream?
Where are you fighting your nature in an attempt to fit in with professional expectations? Consider the alternative…
Tips for Lawyers Moving Abroad: Lessons from Three Years in Istanbul
Lawyers often think their only options for living abroad are to work for big international firms or NGOs. Here are some alternative approaches.