Career Coaching for Lawyers
Identify inspiring career goals
Design a personalized path to success
Build and enhance strategic relationships
Reserve time for fun
Keep your clients happy AND get home on time
Modern lawyers are often so exhausted and overwhelmed that they don’t take the time to focus on what is next. I support lawyers to think through their career options and make specific plans for how to achieve their goals.
I work with:
- Attorneys considering alternative career options;
- Lawyers contemplating changing specialties;
- Attorneys considering leaving a large firm for a solo or small practice;
- Lawyers who enjoy their work but want a better work-life balance;
- In-house counsel looking to become a general counsel or CEO;
- Government attorneys looking to change agencies or specialties;
- Working parents who want time for child rearing while concurrently laying the groundwork for future career opportunities;
- People who are trying to figure out what they want.
Coaching and strategy sessions may include:
- Create inspiring goals and determine
- Decide the best way to pursue those goals;
- Look at how best to be happy AND pursue the goals.
- Identifying strengths
- Exploring values, preferences
- Negotiating office politics
- Being true to one’s values and priorities in the face of work pressures and internal and external politics
Recent Career Strategy Presentations
WBA Business Hour: Become an Expert Networker (Webinar), Women's Bar Association of DC, February 10, 2017 (Webinar) Presenter.
Become an Expert Networker, Capital Area Muslim Bar Association (CAMBA), October (Washington, DC), Sole Presenter.
Personal Branding and Image — What’s Trending Now Should be You, Women in Construction Conference, October 15, 2015 (Washington, DC), Panelist
Moving Forward in Your Career: Four Tips to Accelerate Your Forward Movement, ABA Section of Environment Energy and Resources, March 9, 2016 (Webinar), Panelist
Taking Charge of Your Leadership Development and Your Career, Women, Influence and Power in the Law Conference, October 28, 2015 (Washington, DC), Panelist
How to Sell Yourself in 60 Seconds or Less While Respecting Ethical Boundaries (CLE), American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Fall Conference, October 17, 2015 (Little Rock, AR), Sole Presenter
Personal Branding: Amplify Your Success and Career Opportunities, Legal Marketing Association, Capitol Chapter, Future Leaders Group, September 15, 2015 (Washington, DC), Sole Presenter
Ten Point Leadership Inspection for Legal Marketing Professionals, Legal Marketing Association, Capital Chapter, February 4, 2015 (Baltimore, MD), Sole Presenter
Thinking About Your Career This Summer? Optimists Should Read This.
Everyone has heard that optimism makes you healthier and more productive. However, the reality is far more complex.
Seven Ways a Personal Brand Can Help Your Career
Heard of personal branding but not sure why you should bother? This article explain how branding yourself can help you move your career from good to great.
Tips for Finding a Mentor, Plus the Elephant
Mentors help you to succeed faster, but like many people you may not know where to start. Here are some tips, plus advice specifically for women.
Are you Swimming Upstream?
Where are you fighting your nature in an attempt to fit in with professional expectations? Consider the alternative…
Tips for Lawyers Moving Abroad: Lessons from Three Years in Istanbul
Lawyers often think their only options for living abroad are to work for big international firms or NGOs. Here are some alternative approaches.